Friday, April 20, 2012

Marketing Information Update

So,  I finally have a bit of good, positive news on the marketing front. First of all, my repurposed paper--the fanfiction/fiction/nonfiction monster that has dominated my life over the last two-and-a-half weeks--has now been posted on www.fanfiction.net. It can be accessed here (although in not as intriguing of a format as I have on Google Docs): Shakespeare and the MooMoo Man.

Also, exciting news! I got an email from Henry Jenkins (the Aca-Fan... aka my favorite person, because he's an academic fanfictioner!) in reply to my inquiry about possibly doing a guest post and/or interview for his blog www.henryjenkins.org. He says that he's willing to read my repurposed paper for the Shakespeare world of fanfiction, because it's relevant to his own cause. If he thinks that the information and/or purpose and/or content of the paper is good, he's willing to post it on his site, along with doing a guest interview! Unfortunately, it wouldn't be posted for about another month. IF he agrees to host the paper at all, of course. In the mean time, I'm going to be rewriting and editing said paper over and over again, because a writer is never satisfied (unless that writer is Nora Roberts, who, in her case, really SHOULDN'T be satisfied with some of the work she produces).

I'm not sure how long I'll be keeping this blog up, just because I'm not that big into blogging and my summer is going to be crazy. I will keep it going to let you know about the status of Jenkins though. And who knows, maybe I'll open a blog that's dedicated entirely to fanfiction. Maybe then fanfictioners will be less ashamed, and new people will stumbled upon the community the way I did all those years ago!

Til Then!

Cortnie

No comments:

Post a Comment